Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Through Trials

My position is not to simply endure, just waiting for relief but to grow in faith and appreciation for the One Who carries me and mercifully moves me to another place. I must also keep before me the big picture of bringing sons to Him and glory before all men.


Through Trials

“To know You is to love You”
I heard this as a child
But to experience this through trials?
Now that is truly wild!

You’d think that only good times
Would make me love you more
But no, that’s just the time You prove
Your love and what’s in store

It’s not until I suffer loss
And am in Your comfort bathed
I realize more of Who You are
And from what it is I’m saved

Not only that but soon it’s clear
What they reveal in me
When squarely faced and embraced
I live authentically

6-22-07

James 1:2-4
Consider it pure joy, my brothers, whenever you face trials of many kinds, because you know that the testing of your faith develops perseverance. Perseverance must finish its work so that you may be mature and complete, not lacking anything.

Lamentation 3:22-24
Because of the LORD's great love we are not consumed, for his compassions never fail. They are new every morning; great is your faithfulness. I say to myself, "The LORD is my portion; therefore I will wait for him."

2 Timothy 2:9b-10
But God's word is not chained. Therefore I endure everything for the sake of the elect, that they too may obtain the salvation that is in Christ Jesus, with eternal glory.

No comments: