Wednesday, July 29, 2009

All the Difference

2 Timothy 1:6
'Fan into flame the gift of God which is in you..'

This morning as I looked out on my day and pondered an event that would stretch me I was reminded again that even our spiritual gifts are in 'the process of becoming'. They need to be developed through use. The early stages of exercising a gift or using it in a new way can be a little frightening and can push us beyond our comfort zone. However according to Paul that's no excuse not to go there. 2 Timothy 1:7 says:

'God did not give us a spirit of timidity but a spirit of power, of love and self discipline.'

When I'm timid that's means I'm operating out of the old me. According to this I don't need to settle for that for God has already given me a spirit of power, love and self discipline. All it took was an acknowledgement that I needed Him and a request for Him to move through me with power, love and self discipline. It was fun to see how others noticed the difference and saw something in me that they didn't realize was there before. Thank You, God, You make all the difference.

No comments: