Friday, July 3, 2009

Your Love is Extravagant

Your Love is Extravagant

Your love is extravagant
Your friendship, it is intimate
I feel like moving to the rhythm of Your grace
Your fragrance is intoxicating in the secret place
Cause Your love is extravagant

Spread wide in the arms of Christ there's a love that covers sin
No greater love have I ever known: You consider me Your friend
Capture my heart again

I think Casting Crowns song "Your Love is Extravagant" is beautiful. I have been enjoying it lately as it puts words to how I feel about God and all He means to me. This morning as I came aside to listen to Him and worship Him my heart seemed full and yet I couldn't seem to get into words what I would have liked to say to Him. Honestly, that was frustrating and in the end I had to just say "For what it's worth, Lord, here I am - no amazing words that encapsulate even a whisper of Who You are and how I feel about You." Then as I scrawled down the following poem He gave me perspective. You've gotta love Him!

No Other Place

I feel there’s so much to say
But I can’t get it out
I’m blown away by Your ways
I’d like to sing and shout
But my less than vibrant soul
Seems unable to respond
I long to be whole
And relish in our special bond
You know I am but dust
And could by a breath be puffed away
So on You I am thrust…
…that’s perfect I would say
For there is no other place
I would rather be
Than gazing in Your lovely face
With Your arms around me

7-3-09


Psalm 27: 4-6

One thing I ask of the LORD, this is what I seek: that I may dwell in the house of the LORD all the days of my life, to gaze upon the beauty of the LORD and to seek him in his temple.
For in the day of trouble he will keep me safe in his dwelling; he will hide me in the shelter of his tabernacle and set me high upon a rock.
Then my head will be exalted above the enemies who surround me; at his tabernacle will I sacrifice with shouts of joy; I will sing and make music to the LORD.

No comments: